Reporting a repair

There's many ways to report a repair with us

Here are some other ways that you can report a repair with us.      

  • By telephone  - Contact your local area office and press ‘2’ to report a repair
  •  In person - visit any Gentoo office and use their repairs free phone

Did you know, you can now view your repairs history online on My Gentoo, click here to log in or register. 


  • If you think your gas safety check is outstanding contact us immediately on free phone 0800 5877 809. 
  • If your hot water or central heating fails to work, there are some simple checks you can make before you report a repair.
  • Also, getting used to your boiler can be tricky so we have provided some user manuals to help you if you need them.  

If you are a customer in the Washington area with a communal heating system and need to report a repair, please contact our maintenance provider Energy Switch 2 direct on 0333 321 2010.

Controlling condensation - We have some tips to minimise condensation in your home.

Feedback after your repair

We commission an external organisation called IFF – Voluntas to contact customers by telephone,  who have had a recent repair to assess their satisfaction with the service they received. We  listen to your feedback and use it to inform future service improvements.

Before reporting a repair

Please give us a call on 0191 525 5000 if anyone in your household is currently shielding or has coronavirus symptoms, otherwise please proceed with your repair request below.