Supporting young people
We support young people aged 16 to 25 to help them live independently. We offer supported housing, advice and guidance to meet their specific needs.
Support we offer
Our support officers help young people to:
- identify their needs and what they want to achieve
- develop an action plan that lets them work out how to achieve their needs
- improve their health and wellbeing
- keep in contact with family and friends
- find out what is happening in their local area
Our support officers also support young people with their training and education choices.
We help young people learn how to live in their own home, including how to:
- budget their money
- make their home safe
We help young people move into their own home and understand their rights and responsibilities.
Holmewood is for young people aged 16 to 21 who are:
- leaving care
- about to become homeless
Holmewood has support staff available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There are 12 flats and a communal kitchen, living and dining room.
Young people can stay for up to 2 years if needed.
Living in your own home
We offer Outreach Support to young people who are Gentoo tenants. We help them to find and set up their own home. We keep in regular contact with them and visit them to give them the support they need to maintain their tenancy.
We support young people who:
- are aged 16 to 25
- are a single parent
- need help to manage their own home
We offer support to young people if they:
- rent their home from Gentoo
- are homeless
- are about to become homeless
- live in temporary housing
You can get this support for up to 2 years.