Terms and conditions
By using our website, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept and agree to these terms and conditions, you should not use our website.
Last updated 27 July 2022
Who Gentoo Group are
Gentoo Group runs www.gentoogroup.com and other online services like:
- My Gentoo
- Mutual Exchange
- tenancy documents
- our recruitment system
The Regulator of Social Housing authorise and regulate us.
Using our website
You agree to only use our website for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not:
- infringe anyone else’s rights
- restrict anyone else from using our website
We can change or remove content at any time without notice.
Using content from our website
We own or license all content on our website. It is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You agree to:
- not change or edit copies of any material you print or download from our website
- not use any images or videos without the content that goes with them
- acknowledge us and any contributors as authors of the material
- get a licence from us or our licensor to use content from our website for commercial purposes
The most up-to-date version of our content will always be on our website.
Requests to remove content
You can ask us to remove content. We will remove content if it:
- breaches people’s rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK General Data Protection Regulation
- breaches copyright laws
- has sensitive personal information
- is obscene or defamatory
If you want to ask us to remove content:
- email ucd@
- include the website address or name of the content you want us to remove
- explain why you want us to remove it
We will reply to you within 10 working days to let you know if we will remove it.
Disclaimer and our liability
We try to keep our content up to date, but we cannot guarantee that it is:
- up to date
- free from bugs or viruses
We publish information on our website, not professional or legal advice. If you need advice, you should get professional or specialist advice before doing anything based on the content from our website.
We are not liable for any loss or damage that may come from:
- how you use our website
- any websites we link to, and any information you give to those websites
- any content on our website
- tort, including negligence
- breach of contract
This applies if the loss or damage was foreseeable, occurred in the normal course of things, or you told us that it might happen.
This includes, but is not limited to, your loss of:
- income or revenue
- salary, benefits or other payments
- profits or contracts
- anticipated savings
- goodwill or reputation
- wasted management or office time
We may still be liable for:
- death or personal injury because we were negligent
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under relevant law
Information about you and your visits to our website
By using our website, you agree to us collecting information and confirm that any information you enter or provide is correct.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We regularly check and test our website for viruses.
You must use our website in ways that reduce the risk of viruses or other forms of interference that can damage your computer or device.
You must not introduce anything that is malicious or technologically harmful to our website. This includes viruses, trojans, worms and logic bombs.
You must not try to gain unauthorised access to:
- our website
- the server we store our website on
- any other server, computer or database connected to our website
You must not attack our site with a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
We will report any breach or attack to the relevant law enforcement authorities and share whatever information we have about you.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a:
- distributed denial-of-service attack
- technologically harmful material
We are not liable if these infect your:
- computer or device
- programs or apps
- other proprietary material
The laws of England and Wales govern these terms and conditions. Any dispute or claim that is about these terms and conditions or use of our website will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales. This includes contractual and non-contractual disputes or claims.
Changes to these terms and conditions
We may update these terms and conditions at any time without notice, so check this page regularly.
We may use other terms and conditions for specific parts of our website. These may include provisions that supersede those published in these terms and conditions.
You agree to any changes if you continue to use our website after we updated these terms and conditions.