If you need to contact us in an emergency, call 0191 525 5000.
Our local offices will close for in-person visits at midday on Friday 23 December. They will reopen on Tuesday 3 January at 8:30am for calls and at 9am for appointments.
From 12:30pm on Friday 23 December 2022 until 8:30am on Tuesday 3 January 2023, we will be handling emergency repairs only. To report an emergency repair, call 0191 525 5000 and select option 2.
Emergency repairs include:
- lost or stolen keys and there is nobody else with keys you can use, and you have a crime number from the police
- no heating or hot water
- gas leaks and gas emissions from appliance
- water leaks you cannot stop
- a blocked toilet and there is only one toilet in your home
- blocked waste pipes and drains
- an exit door or ground floor window is jammed open or you cannot lock it
- external communal doors are not opening or closing
- full sounding fire alarms or carbon monoxide detectors
- electrical faults
Electrical faults include:
- exposed or unsafe electric cables
- medical equipment like stair lifts losing power
- water in or on your electrics
- total loss of power in your home that is not because of power cuts in the area or running out of credit on your prepayment meter
Paying your rent
You can still call our telephone payments line on 0161 621 2987 to pay your rent.
Any available properties will be advertised on HomeHunt for 2 weeks from 2pm on Wednesday 21 December 2022 to midday on Wednesday 4 January 2023.
If you are homeless
Call Sunderland City Council on 0191 520 5551.