SR1 2AZ or SR1 2BA
Property type: High rise
No. of storeys: 19
Significant findings from fire risk assessment:
1. Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) assessments should be put in place for residence requiring assistance.
2. Upgrades required to fire doors in means of escape.
3. The fire service controls on the lifts should be confirmed as serviced when the lifts are serviced.
How we are managing fire risk in the buildings:
1. Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) procedure in place. This is reviewed monthly and the information is stored within the red box for fire brigade purposes if required.
2. Project to replace initial fire doors identified as needing urgent replacement has finished. A full survey, inspection and examination of all fire doors has been completed.
3. The fire service controls are serviced 10 times annually and records are kept centrally at Emperor House.
Stay put policy
If you discover a fire:
Concrete large panel system
|Fire risk assessment (FRA)||An FRA is an inspection of the common areas of the building to check that fire safety arrangements meet legal fire safety requirements. It also identifies what else we can do to prevent fire and keep tenants safe||Annually|
|Lift||No. of passenger lifts: 2||
Routine servicing carried out throughout the year.Thorough examination every six months as required by the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
|Communal electrics||Communal electrical installations such as wiring, sockets and lights||Five yearly cycle|
Domestic gas appliances are installed in some flats
No domestic gas appliance in the communal parts of the building
|Domestic gas appliances are serviced annually|
|Dry riser||Used by fire and rescue service to deliver water to the building during an emergency||6 monthly|
|Fire detection and warning system||Includes the fire alarm system, smoke and heat detectors||Quarterly|
|Emergency lighting||Emergency lighting (or escape lighting) lights up a safe exit route if the mains power fails||Monthly and an annual 3 hour test|
|Automatic open vents||Smoke control ventilation system||Bi annually|