We will be operating with revised opening hours over the festive period. If you need to contact us in an emergency, you can still call our out of hours team.
Our local offices will close on Friday 24 December at 12:00pm and reopen on Tuesday 4 January 2022 at 8:30am for calls and 9:00am for appointments.
From 2:00pm on Friday 24 December 2021, we will be operating emergency repairs only. If you believe you have an emergency repair to report, please contact us on 0191 525 5000 and press two.
We class the following repairs as an emergency:
- Total loss of power (not including power cuts in the area or loss due to pre-payment meter credit running out)
- Water leaks that cannot be contained
- Water on electrics
- No power to medical equipment for example, stair lifts.
- External communal doors not opening or closing
- Full sounding fire alarms
- Blocked toilet (if only one toilet in the house)
- Exit door or ground floor window not secure
You can find out more information on what is classed as an emergency repair on our emergency out of hours page on our website.
Our phone lines will reopen at 8:00am on Tuesday 4 January 2022 for non-urgent repairs and enquiries.
You can still ring to make a payment, please contact us on 0191 525 5000 and press one.
If you are homeless, contact Sunderland City Council on 0191 520 5551.
Our normal opening hours will recommence on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
HomeHunt advertising cycle
HomeHunt property adverts will run for two weeks over the festive period, from Wednesday 22 December 2021 to Wednesday 5 January 2022.