Coronavirus: Important information for Gentoo tenants, residents and customers
As the Coronavirus (also referred to as COVID-19) outbreak develops, we want to remind you that the health, safety and wellbeing of our tenants, residents, customers and employees is always Gentoo's priority.
In line with guidance from the Government and Public Health England, to reassure tenants, residents and customers, and to minimise further spread of Coronavirus, we have implemented a number of procedures and taken various measures.
- Have tested positive for the Coronavirus
- Are currently self-isolating
- Are showing symptoms of Coronavirus, such as a new or persistent cough, a fever, or have shortness of breath
Please take note of the following information:
- Firstly, follow the latest guidance from the Government
- Do not visit a Gentoo office or depot
- When reporting a repair to your home:
- You can report a routine repair, but should not expect the repair to be completed immediately, or while we respond to the Coronavirus outbreak
- If you have an emergency repair, please call us to report the repair and ensure you fully disclose your circumstances. We will seek to carry out the repair as soon as possible under the circumstances
- If you have a repair or home visit already scheduled, please call us to inform us of your circumstances
- When paying your rent:
- If you usually visit a Gentoo office to pay your rent, but are unable to do so, please remember you can use our automated telephone payment line 24/7 by dialling 0191 525 5000 and press 1 to make a payment.
- Alternatively tenants and residents can pay online at any time by clicking here.
- For all other queries, Gentoo offices and telephone lines will remain open as per our normal opening hours until further guidance is issued by the Government.
Our employees have been given specific instructions to deal with the current situation. Please do not be offended by the procedures and measures we have put in place to deal with the Coronavirus. For example, when you are asked a series of questions by Gentoo staff relating to the virus.
We will continue to follow Government guidance on dealing with Coronavirus and will continue to proactively take measures as advised.
The situation is complex and evolving rapidly and we aim to keep tenants, residents and customers up to date as often as we can.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Please take care of yourself and others.
Posted on Sunday 15 March 2020.