We welcome all feedback so we can improve our services for tenants and residents.
How to make a complaint
- visit your local office and speak to a member of staff
- email email@example.com
- fill in the complaints form
- send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your address and details of the complaint
- write a letter to Tenant Voice Team, Gentoo Group Limited, Emperor House, 2 Emperor Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XR
If your complaint is about Gentoo Homes, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our complaints process
If you want to make a complaint, tell us as much as you can so we can fully investigate. Tell us if:
- we have done something incorrectly
- we have not done something we said we would do
- you are not happy with our service or standards
We initially try to solve any problems informally within the department that is responsible. If a complaint needs to be investigated, we will make this a stage one formal complaint.
Stage one formal complaint
We will assign your complaint to a Tenant Voice Partner who will contact you within one working day to let you know they are investigating your complaint. They may contact you for further information and give you updates.
Stage one formal complaints should be resolved within 10 working days.
If the complaint cannot be resolved within 10 working days, they will agree a date with you for when the complaint can be resolved.
If you are unsatisfied with the response to your stage one formal complaint, you can appeal the decision within 15 working days. Your complaint will then become a stage two formal complaint.
Stage two formal complaint
A senior manager will contact you within one working day to acknowledge your complaint and to let you know they are investigating your complaint. After 20 working days they will provide you with either a:
- response to your complaint
- timescale of when we will send a response
This is our final response to your complaint and the end of our complaints process.
If you are unsatisfied with the response to your stage two formal complaint, you have the right to go to the Housing Ombudsman Service.
Sending your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service
We will give you their contact details in the final response letter.
All complaints must be reported to us first. You can only make a complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service if you are unsatisfied with our response to a stage two formal complaint.