Covid-19 Health and safety risk assessment summary
The health and safety of our colleagues and tenants is our main priority during the Covid-19 outbreak.
We’ve carried out a risk assessment so we can understand how our work could result in the spread of Covid-19 or pose an increased risk to specific groups of people. We’ve used this to put measures in place to help us to work safely in our tenants’ properties, on our estates and in offices and depots. We’ve also adjusted the ways we work to ensure our workplaces are safe whilst enabling us to continue providing vital services to our tenants.
We’ve produced this helpful guide to let people know how we’re keeping our tenants and colleagues safe.
- We’re taking the necessary steps to protect our colleagues who may be at higher risk from Coronavirus.
- We’re encouraging our colleagues to respect each other’s space when working in our offices and depots, particularly in shared areas and facilities.
- We’re encouraging our colleagues to reduce their travel between our offices and depots wherever possible and enabling them to hold virtual meetings and conference calls.
- Most of our colleagues can travel alone in their vehicles, but where they can’t then we’re helping them to travel safely in line with the Government’s guidance.
- We’re providing cleaning stations throughout our offices and depots, and providing our colleagues working across the city with products they need so we can all keep good hygiene throughout the working day.
- We’ve devised safe ways of working for all our colleagues to help them protect themselves and our tenants.
- We’ve nominated colleagues in our offices and depots to be “Covid-19” Champions and to help us keep our colleagues and tenants safe by checking that our measures are working.
- We’re encouraging our colleagues to wear face coverings, including when working in tenants’ properties and in our offices and depots.
- We regularly apply a virucide treatment to all of our offices, depots, tower blocks, sheltered and extra-care schemes to help control the spread of Covid-19.
- We’ve introduced strict cleaning and disinfection protocols including additional measures when colleagues report symptoms of Covid-19 or are confirmed as a positive case.
- We’re regularly reviewing our plans and measures to make sure we keep up to date with changes in Government guidance.