See policy booklet for details.
You must comply with conditions of the policy explained in the General Conditions Section of the policy booklet for cover to apply. These include your duty to take reasonable precautions to prevent loss and actions you must take as soon as you are aware of a possible claim under the policy.
See also the General Exclusions Section of the policy booklet for those exclusions that apply to all Sections.
- Certain losses or damage if any endorsement/clause is shown on your policy schedule
- No cover is provided for motor vehicles, caravans, trailers, boats, canoes, surfboards, sailboards, hovercraft, aircraft, gliders and any accessory which is designed to be used with any of these
- No cover is provided for items used for business or professional purposes
- Loss or damage by any gradually operating cause
- Certain losses or damage when your home is unoccupied or unfurnished for more than 60 days in a row
- Theft caused by you, members of your household, paying guests or tenants
- Loss or damage caused by any wilful act by your household
- Loss or damage caused by storm or flood to hedges, fences or gates covered within the tenants improvements section
- The cost of altering or replacing any items, or parts of items which are not lost or damaged and which form part of a set, suite or other article of the same type, colour or design
- Theft of contents temporarily removed from the home. You are, however, insured for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft from any building in which you, or a member of your household, is temporarily residing or employed if this involves somebody using force and violence to break into or out of a building
- Theft of money, unless by somebody using force and violence to break into your house
- Loss or damage to interior decorations you are not legally responsible for
- Loss or damage to guns and firearms
- Your personal liability involving
- Firearms unless in connection with shotguns or airguns which you can legally own without possessing a firearm certificate
- Loss or damage to pedal cycles while temporarily away from the home unless the optional PEDAL CYCLES cover is taken out
- Accidental damage other than to the items specifically noted above in Significant Features and Benefits but wider cover is available under.
Accidental Damage Option – see policy booklet for full details