Home contents insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Gentoo would recommend that all tenants and leaseholders take out contents insurance.

You need to take out your own household insurance either with this special scheme arranged through Aviva or by making your own arrangements.

This scheme is open to all Gentoo tenants and leaseholders. Gentoo are the administrator for the scheme.

Payment of the premium 

Insurance premiums can be made weekly along with your rent.

Insurance for your home contents

When you take out this insurance your household goods and contents will be insured whilst in your home. The insurance also covers theft of your keys and the contents in your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability.

Accidental damage and cover away from the home are not covered as standard other than what is detailed in the enclosed policy summary. However, a full accidental damage option and other options to insure your personal belongings, hearing aids, motorised wheelchairs and pedal cycles are available at an additional cost. (See cost of insurance tables and policy summary).

Benefits of your insurance scheme

• £100 excess on Accidental Damage and Personal Belongings Extension
• Weekly/Fortnightly cash payment option, standing order or quick and easy monthly direct debit at no extra charge

New for Old insurance

All your home contents are covered by the policy on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear. When you are working out the cost of your insurance, you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace the full contents. If you undervalue your contents this will mean that if you claim you will not get the full value of your claim.

If you wish to apply you can online or you can download our application form

Alternatively, you can download the insurance form below or call us 0191 525 5678