We listen to your feedback and use complaints, satisfaction surveys, compliments, etc to identify improvements we can make to our service. Please see below some examples of these ‘you said, we dids’:
- Feedback from customers indicated that they wanted us to improve our digital offer. In July 2019 we launched My Gentoo, our online self serve portal where tenants can view their rent account, look at their repairs history and update their contact details.
- We received complaints from residents at Lakeside Village regarding unwanted bulky items being left in communal areas. As a result, additional CCTV cameras have been installed which are linked directly to our Concierge service.
- We know that approximately 80% of customers visit the Gentoo website using a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet. We have therefore designed our website to make it easier for our customers to find what they are looking for.
- Customers complained of fly-tipping in neighbourhoods across the city. As a result Gentoo is working with Sunderland City Council, local councillors and Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service to tackle illegal fly-tipping. Signs have been put up to warn offenders about the fines they will face if caught. Also, tenants and local councillors are carrying out estate walks to inspect streets and identify further improvements.
- During an estate walkabout with Ashbrooke residents, concerns were raised regarding the safety and security of the rear gardens in the area. They discussed how we could improve the security so tenants feel safer in their homes. In response to these concerns, Gentoo sourced funding to provide locks to all rear gates on the estate which has greatly improved the safety and security for tenants.