We appreciate your feedback on our services and on this page you will find both our compliments and complaints forms.
A complaint is “an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.” If you would like to proceed with a complaint, please read the procedure before completing the form below.
There are several ways you can make a complaint to us which include:
- Visit any local Gentoo office and ask to speak to a member of staff, who may be able to sort the problem out immediately
- Write to us at: Tenant Voice Team, Gentoo group Ltd, Emperor House, 2 Emperor Way, Doxford International Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XR
- Use our online complaints form on this page or through our social media channels
- Send an email to email@example.com
- If your complaint is regarding Gentoo Homes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much detail as possible as this will make it easier for us to respond to your complaint. You can read our Customer Complaints Policy here.
If you feel like you need some support to make your complaint, consider asking a friend or family member, or an elected representative (such as your MP or local councillor) to make your complaint for you. We will ask for your permission before we deal with anyone else on your behalf.
We love to hear about the good work our staff do. Please use this part of the website to leave a compliment for a member of staff.
Please see below our complaints procedure.
Gentoo Group Ltd is a member of the Housing Ombudsman Service, an executive non-departmental body sponsored by the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government. They consider complaints once you have exhausted our formal complaints procedure, using dispute resolution principles. If you are still unhappy with our final response after exhausting our formal complaints procedure, you can take your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service. We will provide their contact details in our complaint handling factsheet or in our final response.
You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service directly here https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/