Gentoo Group strives to constantly develop a range of innovative property solutions, generate opportunities for people, work productively with partners, use our capacity and skills to maximise our impact, and to use our unique approach to improve the offering we make to people and communities alike. We recognise that care of our employees and the environment are central to our business, and we are dedicated to operating in a manner that achieves these goals. Our overall target is to aim for zero incidents.
Our Management System identifies significant quality, information security, environmental and health and safety aspects and the associated impacts of our operations. We will strive to reduce the environmental and health and safety impacts of these operations, our products and services using appropriate solutions and technologies, and minimise the risks of an information security incident. These will be managed at all times in a way that minimises risk to our customers, the environment, all employees, visitors and contractors on site. Training and continual risk assessment will ensure that this is undertaken in a controlled manner.
We believe in demonstrating our commitment to continual improvement through the implementation of our Management Systems, compliant with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001: 2007.
Specifically, we will:
- Include quality, information security, environmental and health and safety considerations in existing management systems and initiatives with the aim of improving our management processes, information security, customer satisfaction, environmental and health and safety performance, whilst committing, at a minimum, to compliance with relevant legislation, contractual security obligations and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Comply with the City of Sunderland’s Local Development Framework and the Homes and Communities Agency Standards.
- Work in partnership with our contractors and suppliers to influence and/or improve their environmental and health and safety performance, and the integrity of their information security.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment, and information security.
- Implement systems to review and monitor performance, liaising with outside bodies where relevant, in order to achieve or exceed annually set objectives and targets which will ensure continual improvement.
- Undertake methods of improving efficiency in the use of human resources, raw materials and energy.
- Identify and seek to reduce significant environmental and health and safety aspects, prevent injury, ill-health and pollution, and prevent information security incidents which may arise from our processes, operations and work activities.
- Aim to reduce waste generated from process activities and utilise waste minimisation philosophies to promote reuse, recycling or the generation of power from waste.
- Make adequate provision for dealing with all emergency situations in our business.
- Ensure available access to quality, information security, environmental and health & safety information and training for our staff, encouraging them to apply good practice at all times.
- Discuss quality, information security, environmental and health & safety issues regularly at the highest levels of the company and consult with our staff on all related matters.
- Establish criteria against which environmental, health and safety, business and information security risks will be evaluated
This policy will be displayed on notice boards, on the company intranet and is also publicly available on the website. It will be reviewed on a regular basis. This policy has been endorsed and approved by:
Chief Executive Officer